<\body> Stories in America: Lifelong Republicans Endorse Democrat in Key California Race

Friday, August 11, 2006

Lifelong Republicans Endorse Democrat in Key California Race

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but I've been swamped with work. Lifelong Republicans Pete McCloskey and Tom Benigno have endorsed Jerry McNerney, a Democrat running in a California congressional race that could change the balance of power in the House:
"You know, I never really thought I'd be doing this. I've been a Republican for 57 years. My family have been Republicans for four generations. But I've concluded two things: Jerry McNerney is an honest man; Richard Pombo is not. I'm confident that Jerry McNerney is an honorable man who will vote his conscience."
-Former Republican Congressman Pete McCloskey

"I have been a Republican all of my life, but Richard Pombo and his leadership have lost touch with us, and it's time for the corruption to end. I believe that this particular venue today -- Mr. McCloskey and I being here -- sends out a clear message to the people. I think the message is: we need change. We need change and I think the people are ready for it."
-Former Republican congressional candidate Tom Benigno

1 Comments:

At 8/12/2006 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

McCloskey endorsing a Democrat?

What...Hamas doesn't have a candidate in the race?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home