<\body> Stories in America: Sign a petition to help organic farmers

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sign a petition to help organic farmers

This is from the Environmental Working Group, an excellent organization that works to protect public health and the environment:
Congress is about to vote on a new Farm Bill, which could be the first to include fair funding for organics. But to make this happen, our Representatives need to hear from us!

Act now. Add your name to the Grow Organics petition and join the fight for pesticide-free produce. EWG Action Fund's goal is 30,000 signatures by July 15. Tell Congress to vote for organics.

1 Comments:

At 6/28/2007 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With farm subsudies running at 20 billion a year for the last 3 years...sure, why not force the taxpayers pony up another few billion for organic produce.

Personally I don't bother with the organic stuff since I don't think it's worth the extra money. But if the government is willing to force hard working taxpayers to pay for these little yuppie indulgences, hell, maybe I'll give it a shot.

Then again, I've been growing my own tomatoes for quite a while now, so maybe I should hop on the government subsidy gravy train myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home