<\body> Stories in America: Very few Americans eat enough fruits and vegetables

Friday, September 21, 2007

Very few Americans eat enough fruits and vegetables


I've recently discovered an excellent health news service called News Target. They recently ran disgusting close-up photos of mystery meat. I have to post on that...

Today, they are running a story about a new study that found only one in seven people in the United States eats enough fruits and vegetables and gets enough exercise.

A great way to get enough fruits and veggies is by making green smoothies. Just blend 60 percent fruit and 40 percent veggies and you're set. I'm having a pear/celery smoothie now. To read more about this and the high amounts of protein you can get from greens, check out the book, Green for Life, by Victoria Boutenko. I promise, if you have just one green smoothie a day, you will feel amazing and be full of energy.

3 Comments:

At 9/21/2007 6:28 PM, Blogger Kristen's Raw said...

I love telling people how easy it is to get more fruits and veggies into their diets. With Raw cuisine, it's never been more exciting. We're not limited to just carrot and celery sticks anymore! Now, people actually look forward to their fruit and vegetable dishes.

I don't think people have to be 100% Raw to enjoy some amazing health benefits either. People can simply start incorporating more Raw dishes into your lifestyle.

My green smoothie today had bananas, rosemary, dill, and parsley. YUM!

Cheers!
Kristen Suzanne

 
At 9/21/2007 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about this book a few months ago. I have to read it now. I know about juicing, but not much about smoothies.

 
At 10/02/2007 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a good diet to try if you get excited about having to become creative. For most of us, this diet plan is far too difficult to stick to long term

 

Post a Comment

<< Home