<\body> Stories in America: Iraq Vets returns their medals

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Iraq Vets returns their medals

“I’m returning my National Defense Medal because I truly believe that I did not help defend my nation and I’m returning my Global War on Terrorism Medal because I do not believe that I helped defeat terrorism in Iraq. As an American and a soldier I ask for your loyalty to the true needs of the brave men and women serving our country while suffering countless injustices due to greed, corruption and incompetence."
-Josh Gaines, Iraq War veteran, received the medals for the year long tour of duty he served while a member of the Wisconsin National Guard.

Watch the video of another vet returning his medals to a Congressman in Kansas.

1 Comments:

At 10/16/2007 3:50 PM, Blogger JACK BOO said...

I notice that both of these vets last served in 2005 and 2004.

"Australian LTC David Kilcullen, said an interesting thing recently. When you served in Iraq tends to color how you view Iraq."

http://www.julescrittenden.com/2007/10/16/12-captains/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home